Thanks for clicking to read the terms! I’ll reward you by making these as simple as possible:
- The service is designed to be cheap, please keep your expectations low 🙏
- The service is a clever(ish) hack on top of Notion’s public pages. This doesn’t guarantee that it will always work.
- Don’t expect 100% uptime. The service can be disrupted. It has in the past where either the API has changed or something has broke on our side.
- Support is given on a “decent effort” basis (this is a side project now). If you tell us something is broken, we will try to fix it as quickly as possible, but i have a kid and opportunity costs yada yada
- In return we offer a very friendly almost-limitless refund policy. Email us at [email protected] with when you think refunds should start from (generally when something went wrong or you stopped getting value from the service) and we’ll tend to agree.
- We reserve the right to cancel accounts with or without a refund – nothing concrete on this one yet, but if you’re hosting porn, or copyrighted material or Bad Things, that might cause issues for us as a company, we need the ability to disassociate
- There is an acceptable usage policy in terms of bandwidth. Our aim is to be highly permissive without an unreasonable burden on our infrastructure. Limit is around 100GB/month. Above that we will get in touch to discuss an increase of bandwidth and $$$.
Indemnification (this is an important one for us)
You will indemnify and hold harmless Hostnotion against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees.
Hostnotion is not affiliated with Notion Inc (the makers of the note-taking, data management app). The name was, tbh, a bit of placeholder but now one that would require a decent amount of effort to try to change to something cooler. It’s a kinda a word play on host nation but not really a clever one.
For full legal terms please look up squarespace’s terms and find/replace their company name with ours.